Sunday, September 26, 2010
Posted by BeeOhVee at 3:15 PM
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
wow I have been a bad blogger lately. What's sad is that there has been plenty to write about, I've just been too damn pooped when I get home from work and my weekends lately have been reserved for the stuff I should have done after work all week long. Blech.
So here's the quick recap of what has been going on.
- It's a girl Woohoo!
- My boobs which were once normal, are now waaaay too big. I was a bit startled when I came to this realization. I once thought it would be neat to have bigger boobs, but as it turns out, I don't really like it. The damn things just get in the way.
- We picked out a name and then went a few rounds over the middle name. I wanted Jade as a middle name but it was pretty much decided that it sounded too much like a stripper name so we nixed it.
- The wee girl keeps moving around randomly and has a tendency to move more when Aaron speaks to her.
- The other day Aaron made me want to laugh while at the same time cry. A friend of ours suggested that in the future their boy and our wee girl can date. I told this to Aaron and as it turned out we had the same thought, except mine was more along the lines of, 'over my dead body, especially if it's anything like the father.' Aaron's thought was (thankfully he only said it to me), "keep that little cross-eyed bastard away from my beautiful princess." He called the wee girl his "beautiful princess," awwww...
- I finally have items on my registry.
On the work front:
- All I've kept envisioning at work lately Mr. Hand from, "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" saying, "What are you, people? On dope?" That should pretty much sum it all up.
- The work lately has been piling up like mad and I think I may have to take a
personal day next week after this Capitol Hill event that I'm in the middle of wraps up.
- I'm also convinced that some people have no concept of how much crap I have to put up with in a single day. But then again, those very people are the ones who bother me the most.
Family and friends:
- No complaints really, except I haven't gotten to see them much. I did get to see some family last weekend, during Munchkin #3's birthday party but that was about it.
- We went to see a few homes. We liked some of the ones we saw, but alas, we haven't found one that struck us as the one we want. Ah well. The search continues.
That's pretty much about all I can think of right now. I'm positive there's a lot more to say, but I'm actually now fighting to keep from doing a face-plant on the keyboard.
Posted by BeeOhVee at 8:48 PM
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Ah, welcome Fall; it’s been a while. How ya been?
Yeah, today my mind is pretty much outdoors. Yesterday, I was all about figuring out how I was going home without crashing (migraine). But since I got to go home early to drink lots of tea and to get some rest, I’m now right as rain.
But yes, the Fall. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I really believe it’s my favorite time of the year. I mean, there’s apple picking, the farmer’s markets, hearty food, the fun holidays and the kickoff to the Christmas season. Not to mention, you can even walk around with a sweater, sweat shirt or a light jacket and be toasty without having to look and feel like the Stay-Puffed Marshmallow Man. But yes, it’s just a happy season. Oh, and let’s not forget, it’s the time of the year when I get all antsy to drink cocoa, and go crazy baking. What can be better than that, I ask you. What?
At the very least, it beats the hell out of the scorching temps of Vegas. This past weekend Aaron and I went out to a cousin’s wedding. She and her now, hubby got hitched at the Bellagio and even had an appearance by Elvis. How cool is that? But I digress.
I braved the 100-107 degree days to walk around and even ventured out to meet up with an old friend and meet her new fiancé. They’re both doing really well and seem to be just about prepared for their big day. It sounds really exciting, but unfortunately I won’t be able to attend by then. Luckily they said they will have a webcast of the actual nuptials. I’ll have to remember to get that link.
Posted by BeeOhVee at 4:37 PM
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
For the last few days (since Aarond randomly started singing it to the belly)this song has been stuck in my head. Luckily it's one of my favorite songs. I just wish I fully understood how it's possible to understand him better when he sings. Eh, either way here it is:
Posted by BeeOhVee at 1:51 PM