BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 16, 2011

"The Waiting is the Hardest Part"

So here I am, a few days away from what is most likely going to be THE big day. I swear all of this, while becoming more and more real, is still such a foreign concept. Aaron and I are going to be responsible for a whole other person. And just in a, 'sure I'll watch the munchkin for ya,' kind of way. Nope this one's going to be ours, all ours, and there's no giving her back. Trippy.

So yes, while I am as prepared as I think I'm going to get, I'm now kind of getting a little anxious. Not that I seriously think it'll happen, but what if I turn out to be bad at the whole Mommy thing. Or what if I botch something up? What is she doesn't like me? What if I turn out to be a worse parent than the Lohans? or worse yet, the Simpsons (Ashlee and Jessica's freaky-ass parents) Cripe!

Inhale... Exhale...

So yes, things are finally beginning to get real, while at the same time, I just can't wait for Tuesday to find out what's actually going to happen.

But on the less confusing side, let's talk real estate... I think Aaron and I found the house. We spent most of yesterday looking at houses. We started off at a house we put a bid on and lost. The seller has since dropped the price on the place and so we're considering putting another bid on the place. But first we wanted to look it over one more time to be sure. The problem is, we REALLY liked the place. So much so that when we went to the other places we had lined up, nice as they were or had the potential to be, we just didn't care. We just kept thinking back to the first house and the things we could do to it to make it our own. I suppose that's a sign. Maybe?

2 comments:

E. Van Lowe said...

Hi Bren,

I am so happy for you. Being a parent is a great thing... Hard, But great. And I am sure both you and Aaron will be GREAT parents. A new chapter in your life is about to open. Enjoy.

I hope you get the perfect house.

Dizzy Vizzy said...

Of course it will all happen at the same time (house & baby)! And you are gonna ROCK as a parent - the wee one will be in good hands!!ram