BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 2, 2009

And So...

NARRATOR: And so Arthur and Bedemir and Sir Robin set out on their
search to find the enchanter of whom the old man had spoken in Scene 24.
Beyond the forest they met Launcelot and Galahad, and there was much
rejoicing.

ALL: Yay!

NARRATOR: In the frozen land of Nador they were forced to eat Robin's
minstrels. And there was much rejoicing.

ALL: Yay!

NARRATOR: A year passed. Winter changed into Spring. Spring changed
into Summer. Summer changed back into Winter. And Winter gave Spring
and Summer a miss and went straight on into Autumn.



I don't know... I felt like putting something funny up. Besides, after a morning like I've had today, I needed something like this to make me laugh.

This morning I got up nice and early to take Evan over to the DMV to finally go for his permit. We got there, waited on line, got his number, waited to be called and then nothing. He didn't have enough ID (to this point I hadn't realized he only brought this non license ID). Fine. We went back home and got his passport and a bill. He couldn't find his Social Security card, but I though having a non-driver's licence (issued by the DMV) a bill with his name and address, and a passport would have been enough. Nope. We went back, waited, got a number, waited till he was called and still they insisted he bring more ID. Apparently, having a document given by them, two photo ID's and a passport. which has his SSN on it. wasn't good enough. So now we have to go back on Thursday, provided of course, that he finds his Social Security card.

I was also going to go to the ticket office to fight a ticket I got yesterday morning on my way to church. I got in my car and remembered that the registration sticker which I got a day after my old one expired was upstairs. I ran upstairs to get it and came back down, in under five minutes. In that span of time I got two tickets for an expired registration and for double parking. Feck me! I had to double park because I didn't want to just take off with the expired sticker and because there wasn't a single spot to be found. So I found the cop and explained. His response was, "talk about ironic." Yeah, feck me, I got hit for trying to do the right thing. Assholes! So he told me that I could get the expired registration ticket waved as long as I showed them that I got it renewed and showed them my new card. He wasn't sure about the double parking ticket, but I could try. So yes, after the waiting game at the DMV, I got in the car, drove to the ticket office and realized I switched purses this morning and that the stupid card was in the purse at home.

Ah well, at least I'm finally feeling better.

2 comments:

Chele76 said...

yea, that totally sucks!!!!

but glad to know that you are feeling better.

Dizzy Vizzy said...

EGAD!! So frustrating!! Hugs!