BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 9, 2009

Now, I swear....

Why does one get pooped on so often?

Sigh. I finally got the chance to go to the Ticketing office to fihgt the tickets I got last week. I would have though that at least one of them would have been dismissed. I had the registration for frick's sake. Nope.

The double parking ticket got reduced. The clerk said he could reduce the registration ticket too or I could take it before the judge. I said, I'll take that other ticket to the judge since it should be dismissed. Nope. I have to pay the full amount on it. Feck me. The judge said that I should have had the sticker on the car or shouldn't have double parked. I told her that this was indeed my first chance to do so. She said she understood why I did it and even though they didn't get the tag to me until after the date expired, I still should have had it on immediately.

Is it me or does that kind of sound like a, "fecked if you do, fecked if you don't," situation. Ah well, I suppose it serves me right for trying to do the right thing. I should have driven around with the expired tag, just so that the parking agents don't get me.

2 comments:

E. Van Lowe said...

Always best to do the right thing. Unfortunately, the government is the government. I had something similar happen to me when I lived in New York. They made me pay a fine even though I proved the car was registered. You know what they say: "You can't fight City Hall."

BeeOhVee said...

I'm not glad that you went through this too. I'm just glad that someone out there feels my pain on this one. Sigh...