BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Need Nice Weather

All I can think about is kite flying. Yes dear reader, we've come to that time of year again when I start staring longingly at things getting blown around in the (lately, gale-force) winds begin the urge to take measurements to determine which kite and line I should use.

Last weekend would have been perfect for one of the stunt kites but alas, I didn't have time and didn't have one with me at the park. Ah well. At least I'm now prepared. I stashed a kite in my trunk so next time I happen to be at a park or feel like taking a detour on my way home and drive to a park with a clearing, and the wind is blowing just right, I can pull that bad boy out and fly.

I've said it before. I'm not exactly sure what it is about kite flying that makes me so happy. I think it reminds me of being a a kid. Eh. It just makes me happy.

Oh yeah, the other things driving this urge to fly is the fact that I have my eye on a new toy. I didn't get myself a birthday gift yet and I think this is a better choice than some of the other items I've been looking at, including a new Movado watch and a lovely new pair or diamond stud earrings.

I think I want to try my hand at flying a quad line kite. But rather than getting a frame quad kite, I think I'm going to try for a foil quad kite. This way if I have a spectacular crash while learning to fly the thing, I won't run the risk of shattering the frame.

0 comments: