Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Wrapup

I've been away from the blog for the past few days because of kiddie birthday parties, cookouts and generally taking a lot of time catching up with the stack of books and magazine issues that have been building. SO if I have been sort of quiet, sorry. But I did do some catching up on reading blogs and first I would like to say thank you to LivingDeadNurse for the lovely award.

If you haven't seen the blog, I highly recommend it, it's educational. You get to peek into the mind of a nurse and get a much better appreciation for what they deal with. She's also got really nifty-ass music.

So here's what I have been up to...

Aaron and I tag-teamed the toy store and figured out what the heck to get munchkin number two. She's the princess. She really is, not only is she Italian and Jewish (we so adhere to certain stereotypes. Like me for example, I am so Asian at times, I swear I could pass for a panda. Don't ask about my Asian moments while driving!), but the grandparents outright call her the little princess. And she's been known to say "I'm a princess" on occasion. Her parents are toast once she becomes a teen.

Aaron and I also upped our runs, which lead to him sitting out from running for about a week. He really hurt himself, likely because he didn't listen to me when I told him he needed to stretch more. But it's all good. He's feeling better and whether he knows it or not, he's in for a good run today. :)

Besides, I have to make him start running again. His buddies are coming in in a few weeks for an all guys pow-wow. They're hitting the new stadiums and will likely be up to all kinds of shenanigans. The problem is, some of them smoke like chimneys and will probably test Aaron's will, whether it's on purpose or not, is yet to be determined, but it will happen. If he cracks, he'll end up throwing away over two months of hard work which will piss me off to no end. I mean seriously, if he thought the initial withdrawal symptoms were hard to deal with, wait till he meets up with me if he breaks.

So lastly last night we spent some time at my brother's in Jersey. It was a very nice night. We got to meet up with the kiddies and cooked out on the grill. We brought over the stuff for dinner since they always make us dinner when we're there. That, and Aaron and I really wanted to get out of the house for a while. We slept in and needed to get some fresh air. It was chill night. We had dinner, threw back a few beers and sat around chatting. Perfect.


LivingDeadNurse said...

i would take that friend aside and tell him how hard he has been working and please try his best not to encourage your man to smoke...btw thanks for the mention...hope things go well and he stays smoke free... I know how hard it is to quit 2 1/2 years smoke free...i can taste foods again!!

BeeOhVee said...

I may have to talk to each of them in turn. They've known me long enough to know when I'm serious and know that I'm no above removing limbs.

But yeah. I've quit and started and quit again so I know how hard it is. Isn't it nice being able to smell and taste thing properly?

Chele76 said...

'pass for a panda' that made me laugh SO hard!