BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 22, 2008

Simply Having A Wonderful Christmas Time?

About this time every year, I get a little, I don’t know sentimental, I suppose. I can’t help but thinking back over the closing year and think about the significant events, etc. This year, things are a little different. This year, along with the normal thoughts, I’m also caught up with thinking about the future. More importantly, what I need to do from this point forward. Thoughts about saving for a home, thinking about where we’d like that home, kids… It’s a little overwhelming.

To make matters worse, I just realized that we are two days away from Christmas and I still haven’t gotten anything for my Mom. I feel like the world’s worst daughter. Perhaps I’ll hit the stores again after work. I mean for God’s sake, I should be able to find SOMETHING in a city like New York, right?

Damn it! This is exactly why I like having all my shopping done in November. This is the first time in I don’t know how long, that I have gotten this close to Christmas without finishing. I mean, sure, I had a very good reason for not being able to go shopping till now, but it still doesn’t feel right.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I know what you mean about Christmas being here already. For the life of me I could not figure out what to get my fam this yr.. Pat is getting cookbooks, I hope he likes them (he actually asked for easy cookbooks)

For your mom, jewelry of a sort always works, or maybe get her something for one of her hobbies. (if she knits maybe some really nice yarn & needles) Something fun for the kitchen, or something she can use to papmer her self. It is always easier coming up with suggestions for other people than it is to figure out what to get your own family!

Chele76 said...

I love that song :)