BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, December 12, 2008

Work...

So I got a buyout package from work today. Basically, it’s an offer to pay me to leave my job. The thing is, this is voluntary. So now I’m not sure what to do. I have yet to look over the package more carefully and make up my mind. But I also spoke with the new director and got the distinct impression that he doesn’t want either Grace (who also got one) or myself to leave. In fact, he was talking about what he wants us to do in the future and the direction he wants us to go in after the New Year.

He actually reminded me that this is an optional thing and should make my decision based on where I feel I am in the place and if I felt I wanted to stay, that I was more than welcome to do so. It’s not so much of an option for those whose positions are being eliminated or those who have gotten poor performance reviews. Thankfully, I don’t fall into either one of these categories.

I actually don’t think I have much of a choice here. I am in no way in the position to take some money and run since I just got married and really need to be employed. Then there’s the fact that the economy currently sucks ass and the jobless rate has climbed significantly over the last few weeks.

4 comments:

Dizzy Vizzy said...

And it speaks volumes about you that the director is encouraging you to stay!!

Chele76 said...

oh how stressful! It's wonderful that this is actually an 'option' for you and not being forced upon. I hope it all works out.

BeeOhVee said...

Danke. Yeah, I think I'm going to stick around. I can't leave my job at this juncture. :)

Cathy said...

Wow, I am glad you are staying put. There is never a good time to hear about buyouts & layoffs, but this time of yr (and this yr especially) that truely stinks. Very happy to hear #1 that it is voluntary for you and # 2 that your manager has said he doesn't want you to leave!