BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 9, 2009

Call Me Ms. Bean

So have you ever woken up completely convinced it was a different day altogether?

Yeah, normally people come to their senses after about a minute or two. Not me. This morning it took me a whole friggin’ hour! Weeee….

I swear it was Sunday this morning when I woke up. I’m still not sure why, but there you have it. All I remember was glaring at the damn clock and wondering why I hadn’t turned it off. Thank goodness I didn’t actually manage to fall back asleep. It was even more fortunate that I turned on the news. The along with the fact that it is going to be in the 40's today, the weather man also broke the news to me that it was indeed Monday. (I can hear you all now...'Looks like someone's got a case of the Mondays.")

In a millisecond I was flying/doing the zmoblie rushed stumble around the apartment getting ready, gathering my things and feeding the cat. I damn near took my finger off trying to open a can of cat food and I almost dropped half my makeup in the toilet (only lost one makeup brush—Balls!).

Luckily, the commute ended up fairly uneventful, except for having to lose a perfectly good seat at 125 th. I got out to transfer to the express train, only to find out that the express trains weren’t running at that time. I got on the next local train and beat out an uppity looking woman, who was huffing at everyone, wearing too much makeup and a furry ear wrap. I don't know why, but I immediately didn't like her. As soon as I saw her, the word "snob" ran through my head. This, coming from someone carrying around the complete works of Jane Austen on the train! Ha. But I digress. I eked out the seat and felt quite smug about it. I felt even better when she had to stand in front of me and just happened to notice that her diamond ring was smaller than mine. HA! Take that.

I know, I know. It’s completely Mr. Bean-ish, but come on, you can’t tell me that you have never created some kind of competition in your own head with a complete stranger, for no good reason.

0 comments: