BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Books

When I really get into a book, I don't just read it, I devour the damn thing. Two days ago I picked up the ninth installment of the Sookie Stackhouse books. I was going to wait for paperback but I found a Barnes & Nobel gift card I had and it had some money on it so, off I went. I meant to take my sweet time and read the book slowly. HA!

I am now done with it and rereading the series. I am on book three. I stayed up pretty much the entire night. I didn't mean to, it just sort of happened. I kept saying, 'one more paragraph,' 'oh, one more page' followed by, 'well, I'm already half way through the chapter, I may as well finish this chapter' and lastly, 'I'll just take a peek at the next chapter.' This pattern continued all damn night till I passed out. When I woke up, I had giant blurry letters in front of my eyes a book imprint on my face. Got a cup of coffee and finished the book. I'll refrain from saying anything about the book for those of you reading, other than I love reading these books. I can't wait for Ms. Harris' next book.

7 comments:

E. Van Lowe said...

I love Sookie Stackhouse, and Anita Blake. They are my guilty pleasures (an homage, if you read Anita Blake). But I'm not as far along in the series as you are. I need to catch up

Anonymous said...

I'm like that with books, too. lol

Optimistic Pessimist said...

I love it when a book is so good you can't put it down!

BeeOhVee said...

I've yet to pick up the Anita Blake books. I may have to. I've heard lots of good things about them.

Cathy said...

I have to pick up the first book and start reading, maybe I'll hit Barnes and Noble tomorrow and see what they have

BeeOhVee said...

Hey Cath, FYI: the first one is "Dead Until Dark"

Dizzy Vizzy said...

Tee-hee - E. Van Lowe said "Guilty Pleasures"!! I am still plowing through the Anita Blake series - Stackhouse is on the list!!