BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, June 27, 2009

My Friend K

My friend K has had a rough couple of years. She has been from one bad relationship to some pretty turbulent ones and some that burned fast and ended very quickly. This last one was kind of sad. She was with him for over a year or so and she really thought this one was "it." Unfortunately, over the last few months she has come to the realization that this wasn't to be.

The first red flag was the mistrust. He just refused to trust her enough to be open and honest with her. Then she found some stuff that she had every right to question but he just clammed up and lashed out at her for being "nosy." Second red flag was the fact that most things had to be on his terms. There was very little giving and too much taking. No good. So luckily after a few weeks of thought and introspection mixed in with some crying, they called it quits.

She was disappointed, naturally, but bounced back quickly enough to get a place of her own with a shortened lease. I think she is planning on heading back East but needs some encouragement and obviously doesn't want to head back here sans job and place to live. The F*ed up thing is that the day she signed the lease HE had the balls to say that he thinks he made a mistake, admitted that he took her for granted then promised to change and give her everything she wants. She said, "NO."

I'm proud of her for this. I told her so and reminded her that it's not easy to give up on a dream and even harder to know when to walk away, especially when one is given a tempting promise like that. So yeah, my friend K is heading to her own place and is really considering ending her self-imposed exile out West, and heading back East. I reminded her that she has her entire support system back home and that we'd all be happy to help in any way possible. Sigh...

5 comments:

Hit 40 said...

I hope she comes home.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad she did the right thing. I wish her lots of luck!

Dizzy Vizzy said...

I'm proud of her for saying "No" - takes guts and confidence!!

E. Van Lowe said...

Dito. It's hard to say 'no.' But I'm sure she did the right thing.

Optimistic Pessimist said...

Uhhh...tell me about it...it is ridiculously hard to give up a dream amd even harder to know when to walk away...

I hope everything works out for the best.