BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 8, 2009

Reunions, Das Bier, Zombie Parades and Low Powered Vampires

This was quite honestly one of the longest weekends in a long time, but tons of fun.

The weekend started off nice and early. On Friday I went to our 20th year elementary school reunion. I know, who has those right? Well, we did and i am actually pretty damn happy they set it up. I got to meet up with several old friends and reconnect. After the reunion most of us hit a bar and hung out for quite a while. We drank and my old friend Louis (who I used to have a big crush on) got me dancing for a good portion of the night. I miss hitting the dance floor with a gay guy. They can move and there's no weirdness. Too bad I was sporting my "upper class hooker" (totally hooker shoes except they're pretty expensive) shoes. Ouch! On the upside, we now have a new accomplice for Rocky Horror Nights. Hot Patootie!

The following morning I went stupid. I'm not kidding. I was an all-out mental midget. Some of the stupidity highlights include: completely forgetting where I parked my car just a few hours prior to heading out; missing an connecting exit on a high way, twice; Then watching the last exit I needed zip by; Stopping at a gas station and forgetting to actually get gas (I wish I were kidding); Forgetting my makeup bag and the birthday card for 'Chele. Yeah... I wish I could say it was because I didn't sleep enough the night before, but that's not the case. I actually ended up sleeping through my alarm and was woken up much later in the morning by Aaron.

Once in Connecticut and several cups of coffee later, 'Chele and I got pedicures. I so needed it. My feet were still throbbing from the night before. Then headed to a nifty German restaurant called East Side for the beginning of the evening's festivities. 'Chele ordered a "round of hats." I, however, swear I heard her order a "round of ass," which made me wonder just how rowdy he place got. It's all good, however, there were no asses in sight, although there was a mighty big wiener (I swear I'm actually speaking of a hat) at the neighboring table that found its way over to ours. I sported my top hat, Liza-style ala "Cabaret." I consumed more beer than I can recall in a damn long time. They serve half liter mugs. I drank two. Yay Spaten. This was good practice though. I'm sure I'll be consuming many liters of beer when we hit Germany's Brauhouses and Biergartens in the fall.

So yes, after countless cheers of "Das Boot!" and "Ticki-tocki, ticki-tocki, hoi, hoi, hoi" (I'm used to "Zicke-Zacke, Zicke-Zacke, Hoi, Hoi, Hoi! Zicke-Zacke, Zicke-Zacke, Hoi, Hoi, Hoi!" "Prost!" or "Eins, Zwei, Drei G'Suffa") we hit Hartford to check out a band. It took a while to flee Hartford after the show, but somehow we managed and hit a diner and the table chat wound its way to Eddie Izzard's Low Powered Vampire. I didn't make it home till about 5 ish. As predicted, I was up till about 7ish. But all was not lost. I looked up something that caught my attention earlier in the evening. Our friend Vizma told us that she saw a Zombie parade the week prior in Boston. I was astonished. Not because there was a zombie parade, but because there was a zombie parade and I knew nothing of it! So yeah. Apparently, there are zombie parades at random times of the year around the country. I now want to know when NYC's will be. I so want to be there.

So yes, I eventually got some sleep but not before wanting fighting with my toaster. All I wanted was a damn piece of toast and what did I get? Charcoal. Once again Eddie Izzard preaches the truth.



So that's about the whole weekend. Now I need to get back to reading up on the ACLU's work. I have an interview with them tomorrow morning.

3 comments:

Chele76 said...

and what a deliciously fin time it was!

Dizzy Vizzy said...

Definitely a fun time - so glad that you came up for it!! Hugs!!

Optimistic Pessimist said...

I'm heading to my boyfriend's 20th high school reunion next month...now I know what I have to look forward to...thanks for the heads up!