BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Tea With a Good Dose of Violence

I did something kinda messed up. Aaron restricted himself to one cigarette. But he was going to have it before his dentist appointment. His brother left it for him but I saw it first. I hid it. So he went around most of the day grumpy as all hell and a touch on the snippy side. It was another day of a lot of tea. We kind of snapped at each other a wee bit but pretty much kept our cool.

By the end of the night I felt bad about just how nutty he was getting. He said he really wished he had at least one cigarette. That's when I decided to tell him he could have one and told him where it was. He was annoyed for about three seconds then ran into Evan's room to smoke. At least he made it through the entire day. :)

I was so excited we got to watch the Ultimate Fighter finale tonight. There were some pretty good fights but the main event was a battle and a half. Holy cow! Diego Sanchez vs Clay Guida were bloody messes by the end but I have to say, these guys took a beating and a half. This is one of the biggest, "ooh!" moments of the fight.



I can't help it. There's something about watching these kind of fights that just appeals to me. Perhaps it's that I can relate to the moves and the different techniques used, or perhaps it's the occasional brutal knockout. I suppose after taking TKD for so many years, this kind of stuff just stays with you.

2 comments:

Hit 40 said...

Your poor hubby. My parents finally seemed to have kicked the cancer sticks. But, my dad says he would still love to have one even after stopping now for 10 years.

I tell my boys to just not start! Overcoming an addiction is just awful.

BeeOhVee said...

Yeah it is. I'm at about five months or so without them. I've quit before for long stretches of time but went back to them. I still don't know why. I think I've been better at staying clear of the cancer sticks knowing that we want to start a family soon so the longer I'm away from them the better.