BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 12, 2009

The Smell is Afoot (bad play on words)

The hallway outside smells like a foot. Well really, it smells like a beat up old shoe that's been left to rot. That's the best I can come up with. When Aaron came in this morning he smelled it and had me go out and smell for myself. It was bad. I popped my head out earlier and it didn't smell as strongly, but I also didn't go out fully. I just popped my head out and I think the cross breeze from inside my apartment moved the stink.

I just stepped out into the hallway fully and there it was. I would love to know what the hell it is. I have a feeling it's coming from the apartment down the hall where an Asian family lives. They usually have some funky-ass smelling food odors wafting out of there. Occasionally it's okay but most of the time, it's pretty bad. I swear we constantly have competing smells in the hallway. I've heard Evan say he can always tell who's cooking all the way from the elevator. He's told me that if it smells good, it's a sure bet that I'm cooking. A few others have told me the same thing.

But yeah, this smell out there today, can not possibly be food. There is no way in hell anything that has that kind of odor is edible.

5 comments:

Optimistic Pessimist said...

who would want to eat foot that smells like a foot? that's just wrong!

for the love of pictures said...

Just the fact that it smells so bad, and is likely not food, is creepy :) If it's not rotting food...then what is it?

Dizzy Vizzy said...

Umm, not to be morbid, but are you missing a neighbor/haven't seen them in a few days?

Anonymous said...

Wonder if it's something dead...You never know.

BeeOhVee said...

UPDATE: The smell was much less noticable last night when Aaron left for work. By this morning it wasn't there. This leads me to believe the smell could have actually been some kind of food product. Eeeeewwwwwww...