BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"Step, kick, kick, leap, kick, touch...Again!"

*Singing* God, I hope I get it.
I hope I get it.
How many people does he need?

Look at all the people!
At all the people.
How many people does he need?
How many boys, how many girls?
How many people does he...?

[TRICIA]
I really need this job.
Please God, I need this job.
I've got to get this job.

[ALL]
God, I really blew it!
I really blew it!
How could I do a thing like that?

....


Sorry it's another one of those days... I woke up with a random song in my head. For some reason today's was, "I hope I get it" from A Chorus Line. Yeah I woke up with the, "Step, kick, kick, leap, kick, touch... again" bit, from the very beginning. Mind you, I haven't seen or thought of this show in ages. Probably since high school. I wish I could explain these things.

*Inhale* I have the strong suspicion that this has something to do with feeling like I'm doing the same thing over and over every day and just hoping. I know there are others out there who have been sans job much longer than I have, but still I hate the feeling on not working. I know it's not true at all, but from time to time, I just to feel useless. Like I said, I know that's the furthest thing from the truth but I'm just used to working. I'm used to having deadlines and multiple tasks, phones ringing and the kind of hectic pace that makes the day fly by.

The other day I actually considered just getting a job at Barnes and Nobel just for the hell of it. Then realized they weren't hiring at that particular branch. Not to mention, I think I'd make less working there than what I'm getting for unemployment. Blast.

Ah well, at least I've made some progress in other areas. I've been pushing Evan (Aaron's brother) to get his driver's license. If he has that he can actually try to go for a few city jobs that would be infinitely better for him all around. I've encouraged, prodded and pushed but he's finally gotten through the whole driver's manual and is ready to take his written test on Friday. Huzzah!

Lord help me when it comes to the driving part.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Oh lord, that is a big accomplishment all on its own. Fingers crossed on the written portion.... as to the driving- would you be the one to have to teach him?

BeeOhVee said...

Oh yeah. I'll be the one teaching him most stuff. I told Aaron I'm NOT teaching him the parallel parking part. He'll have to do that. The thing is, explaining the process that works for me is kinda tough and I don't think I've got that kind pf patience.

Lord help us all. Evan will be on the road soon.

Cathy said...

ACK!!!!!! we'll have to all stay off the sidewalks :D
I hope he'll be a good driver.... ya know- in empty parking lots and streets with not too much chaos...lol :P

With parallel parking, I sill can't do it well and I have been driving for 10 yrs